Alex: "Whoever said it's going to rain today is crazy! It's so hot outside!"
Unfortunately, we all agreed because we knew that rain was not even in sight. When I got home, I told Brian...
Me: "Hey, did you know there's a 40% chance of rain today?"
Brian: "Yeah, but I doubt it happens. I'll believe it when I see it."
Again, sadly, I agreed.
Then, I got to thinking (here's my attempt at being deep)...if we had to SEE everything to BELIEVE it and if we never had faith that maybe KLST and KSAN Weather-Watchers do know what they're talking about (I mean, they did go to school for a few years learning how to predict this kind of stuff....and they're only human...they make mistakes!) then maybe God wouldn't want to give us any rain at all. Maybe this whole time, we have been so skeptical of it ever raining that we haven't had FAITH that it actually would. Am I right?!
Well, I think God smiled when I thought that because I said to myself...."God, I trust You, and if You want us to have rain, You will give it. If You do not want us to have rain, then You will protect us through it." Then, I think God shed a little tear...then some more....and for a little bit, I think God bawled.
Thank you, Lord, for the sweet, precious rain. We Praise YOU for this blessing!
From our family to yours,
No comments:
Post a Comment