Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Newest Bundle of Joy!

Well, one afternoon Brian and I decided to look up pictures of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (the cutest puppies in the world) because Morgan mentioned that they were pretty darling. Boy! was she right or what?! Brian actually fell in love with the idea of getting a dog like this because I had wanted to add to our family and get a small puppy to keep me company when he was gone on long trips and late hours in the cadaver lab (ew!). Remi had always been my little buddy, but lately, he's gotten quite LARGE, and he doesn't really understand his strength and massiveness quite well, so he often knocks me over. No really, he knocks me to the ground. Thus, the idea of cuddling with Remi on the couch has kind of been erased due to his large frame. ANYWAY, I wanted a dachshund because they're easy to find, cheap to buy, and for the most part pretty darn cute! Brian wasn't toooooo keen on the idea, but he was willing to let me have whatever puppy I wanted (remember: I have been afraid of big dogs all of my life, and I let him have Remi, so he really didn't have a say in what I wanted to get). The only thing he kept stressing is money. Money. Money. Money. We got Remi for a ridiculous cheap price, so Brian didn't want to pay more than we paid for Remi. Impossible.

We did a little research and Cavaliers are EXPENSIVE. I mean like....outrageous. I had about given up on the idea when I came across a website of a breeder in Gainsville, Texas. Her family also owned cutting horses and lived on a big ranch, so I figured she probably knew a little about Southern Hospitality and love:) I went out on a limb and called her up:

Me: "Hi, my name is Mackenzie Holik, and I noticed your website on the internet and was wondering if you had any cavalier puppies for sale."

Lynn: [in a very Southern dialect] "Well hello, Mackenzie, yes, I do have some cavalier puppies! I actually have two males right now that I have reduced the price in half!"

Me: [chin drop] "Oh wow! That's great! Tell me about them."

Lynn: "Well, the one I'm thinking about has already been fixed...."

Me: [chin drop further down]

Lynn: "And he is just the sweetest puppy I have. We have reduced his price because he is 10 weeks old, and we usually start selling at 6."

Me: [after 3 minutes of discussing] "Ok- I'll take him! See you Tuesday"

So from Sunday to Tuesday, Brian and I had researched the IDEA of a Cavalier, thought it might be a good idea to give Remi a brother, found AMAZING Lynn, drove to Ranger, Texas, and picked up our newest bundle of joy!

Meet......Riley:)


He is just a blessing. Remi and him get along so well:) We are just a happy little family of four!

From our family to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment