I guess it is about time I let you all in on my most recent news - no, not a baby...sorry for the disappointment! On June 25th, I got up bright and early to head up to ASU to take both the PPR 8-12 and the ELAR 8-12 tests (translation: the certification tests I have to pass to become a teacher...whew!). I showed up around 7:15 AM, eager to take my test at 8. Well...we waited.
And waited.
Waited a little more.
Then topped that off with a little more wait time.
Did I mention it was 7:15 AM? And did I also mention it was already well over 95 degrees outside? I guess I also forgot to mention that we waited OUTSIDE!!! Gracious...
Anyway, at 8:30, we were all a little concerned. We finally found out that the "test administrator" didn't show up (translation: they had no idea we were coming and tried to make it right in the hour and 15 minutes we were standing there and it didn't happen so they blamed it on the MIA "test administrator"...lame). Talk about frustrating! I had spent several...severalllllll weeks preparing for this test, and now I had to put it off until July 9th when they said they would let us make it up. Well, I guess I was better off than the woman on the floor wailing because she had to have her test taken by July or she lost her job. I guess I was also better off than the woman who drove over 4 hours to get to the test that morning and had rented a hotel room. I guess I was also better off than the woman who was in route of moving and had her U-Haul hooked to her Tahoe...
Anyway....I took it again on July 9th.
3 weeks later - results.
I PASSED BOTH WITH FLYING COLORS! :)
Say hello, Texas, to your newest certified secondary English teacher! I will student teach this fall at Grape Creek High School, graduate in December, and hopefully get my own classroom in January. Hey seniors of GCHS....bring it on!
From our family to yours...
No comments:
Post a Comment