Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rangers and Birthdays

Well, on a random Tuesday, I wake up to decide that hey! why not go to the Rangers game that night? I talk it over with Brian...he's game...call dad (who already had tickets) and we were off that afternoon!

We had a great time and figured we are at the point in our lives where we can be spontaneous like this, so why not take advantage of it! We first sat pretty high up in the stadium, but we were in the shade and had room to kick back. Then, we moved to a suite where my parents and Morgan were sitting.....

Then...

THENNNN....

We moved to the first row RIGHT BEHIND HOME PLATE!!! Yes, we were on TV...Saw Josh right up close...took pictures....made ourselves look like idiots.... It. Was. Awesome.

Here's a few pics from our time (notice how my hair changes from cute to AWFUL as the game progresses. Thanks Texas weather!)





Now onto birthdays....MY birthday, in fact! I turned 22 this year, which means I can do basically everything I've been able to do for a year now...only I'll be 22. woohoo!

I had a great day. Brian took me to eat breakfast at my favorite - Kenny Blanek's! They have an amazzzzinnngg Western Omelet. Try it! Brian had a test that day, so he was off to school and I....well IIIIIIII did a whole heck of a lot of NOTHING! It was great! I went to eat lunch with my mom, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law. The night before, my mother-in-law had us over, and she made me chicken strips. They were sooo yummy!

That night, my mom and dad had us over, along with Mama Pat, Uncle Tommy, and my best friend, Emily. She made BREAKFAST FOR DINNER (translation: only the most delicious thing on the planet!). We had multi-grain pancakes (I have the recipe for this one...they are FANTASTIC), the famous Charlotte Weishuhn Waffles & Syrup (yep! have that recipe, too!), sausage balls, bacon, blueberry muffins, and a HUGE platter of fruit. Huge. It was a great night!

I got wayyyyy too many presents from my family and friends, but I HAVE to show you the cake Brian had made for me. Check it out!


I am way too blessed to have the family that I do. Love you all!

From our little growing family to yours (nope, still no baby!),

No comments:

Post a Comment