Sunday, November 14, 2010

"In Sickness And In Health"....CHECK!

There is one televised event that I look forward to all year long - the CMA awards. I started preparing myself for this spectacular event two weeks prior to its debut. I LOVE country music, country singers, and country awards; thus, Wednesday, November 10, 2010 has been marked on my calendar for quite some time as a night of relaxation (which means absolutely NO homework), cuddling on the couch with my awesome hubby, and a complete submersion in Country Music's Finest.

For the first year in quite some time, my CMA awards viewing was cut short.

So my story begins at about 4:30 Wednesday afternoon. I started to feel a little woozy (probably from lack of sleep and stress), so I laid on the couch and relaxed a little bit and watched my favorite E! show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Around 5ish...the headache came. It was slight at first, nothing big...just kind of a dull annoyance. I had a meeting from 6-8 (don't worry the CMAs were being recorded), so I went! At 7, halfway through the meeting, my headache was a lot worse. I left the meeting early and came home to a somewhat sick husband. We lounged on the couch and watched the awards. Neither of us wanted to cook, so Papa John's Pizza it was!

I turned to Brian and said, "This is my favorite night since the wedding because it's just you and me, not caring about dinner and cleaning the house. It's just us hanging out and being married." He agreed. It was a good night.

Then, the headache got miserable. I went to the other couch, thinking that sitting next to Brian was maybe causing some extra pain. It didn't help. I took 2 Extra Strength Tylenol. Nothin'. Tried the good 'ole fix of a wet washcloth on my forehead. Again..nothin'. I was on my death bed.

Finally, I told Brian that we had to turn the TV off because I couldn't stand the noise or the lights (remember! this is my favorite, most looked forward to television event of the year!!!). I went to the bedroom and tried to go to sleep. That's when it hit me. I knew the night was not about to be over.

I got sick. No one likes to read details about being sick, so let's just leave it at that. I was sick.

Brian's such a good husband. He made sure I was okay. Tucked me into bed and didn't disturb me all night.

I woke up the next morning feeling a little sick, but nothing like the night before. After a couple of days of feeling a little nauseated and queezy, I finally feel a lot better. "In sickness and in health..." CHECK!!

Let's just say I probably won't be having Papa John's Pizza for quite some time...
Oh! And before I laid down that night (the second time) I turned to Brian, tears in my eyes, and said, "This is the best worst night ever!"

He laughed and said goodnight. Thank God he loves me!

From our family to yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment