Bobby didn't get to come to the wedding, and since everyting was so hectic around the wedding time, my mom (Bobby's sister) hasn't been able to go either, but all of that mess has changed as of 1 week ago:)! Mom and my other uncle (mom's other brother...wow this is sort of getting confusing, and believe me you DON'T want me to outline my entire family tree...or Brian's for that matter) flew to Colorado to be with Bobby for a few days. They sent videos and pictures and updates and stories back to Texas through text messaging. It was great to know that my mom was getting to spend time with her older hellion of a brother!
However, when she came home last Wednesday, I figured she was a little tired from the trip and not wanting to cook dinner (and the Rangers were playing by the way), so I decided to cook dinner and take it to her house and watch the game. So I pulled out my handy dandy recipe-card cook book given to me by my awesome mother-in-law, Marilyn, and I decided to make Becky Brown's Spaghetti Cassarole. Want the recipe? Ok!
What You Need:
2 lb. hamburger meat
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2-3 bags shredded Velveeta
15.5 oz Ragu spaghetti sauce (original)
12 oz package of Spaghetti noodles
salt & pepper to taste
What You Do:
First brown the meat and add the chopped bell peper, onion, and spices.
Then, you add the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer.
In a separate pot, boil and cook 12 oz spaghetti.
Take some time to touch-up your makeup to welcome your hubby home.
Once fully cooked, drain and mix the spaghetti with the meat.
Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 9" X 13" casserole dish. Then, sprinkle one bag of Velveeta over the mixture. Pour the other half of the mixture on top of the cheese and top with the second bag of Velveeta cheese. (DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WEIGHT GAIN THAT MAY OCCUR FOR PREPARING, COOKING, OR INDULGING IN THIS RECIPE. NOTE THAT I AM FULLY WARNING YOU THAT THIS RECIPE IS DELIGHTFUL, FANTASTIC, YUMMY, AND OH SO VERY FATTENING! DO NOT BLAME ME:))
Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minuters until heated through.
The casserole turned out great, and we had a nice family night. Dad even liked it so much that he turned to me and said, "Baby, you've turned into a cook!" I'll take that as a compliment;) We had a fantastic dinner, and sadly, the Rangers lost that game, but they pulled out the ALCS Championship later that week!!
From our family to yours,
No comments:
Post a Comment