Brian and I just celebrated our 2 month anniversary. Yes, we celebrate months because that's all we have to count so far:) I can't wait for the day when we say "Happy 1 Year, Babe," or "Happy 50 Years, Babe...They've been the best 50 of my life:)"
We celebrated with a dinner prepared by yours truly! We had vegetable beef soup, a family favorite of mine. Want the recipe? Ok!
Ingredients:
Stew Meat
4 Beef Boulion Cubes
4 Cups of Water
Onion
Carrots
Celery
1 Large Can of Whole Tomatoes (You'll cut them up for the soup)
3 Large Potatoes
1 Large Can Tomato Juice
Salt, Pepper, and Chili Powder To Taste
How To:
Cook stew meat (or left over roast) in 4 cups of water with 4 beef boulion cubes. Add cut up onion, carrots, and celery (however much you like!). Cook for about 30 minutes (simmer). Add 1 large can of cut up tomatoes. Then, toss in the left over juice! Peel and chop the potatoes and add them to the pot! Then, top it off with a large can of tomato juice (if you buy the soda-sized cans, use bout 3 1/2 cans). Add salt and peper to taste and about 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Cook until potatoes, carrots, and onions are soft. Then, enjoy with some yummy yummy sweet cornbread muffins!
Yum Yum Yum was all we had to say after our dinner. Due to a really long, unexpected meeting, dessert was out of the question, but that's ok!
Oh yeah! Did I mention that Brian really pulled out all the stops for this one? Look at what he bought me:
Such a sweetie...I just love him so much! We had a great night of Modern Family (our new favorite show - thanks for introducing us, Mom!) and cuddling on the couch. It was so nice to just NOT DO ANYTHING for an entire night. It was something we both needed desperately.
I made Brian a box for Christmas when I was 16 with 100 reasons why I love him. The last one stated: I love how all 99 of these reasons were so easy to write. I hope one day to tell you all the reasons I love you, which equal to much over 100. I love you, babe.
On our wedding day, I added 50 reasons to our list in the note I gave Brian.
I'd like to add one more:
151. I love that you always kiss me goodnight and always hold my hand until I fall asleep. I love that you always greet me with a smile and that you haven't left me yet:) I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment