Let's just say that our first weekend as a married couple here in San Angelo was QUITE the eventful one. We hated leaving Jamaica, but we were ready to get home and see our families and share all our great stories! We arrived here in San Angelo about 11:00 pm on Friday night...
We slept as late as we could, but Saturday was quickly upon us, which meant it was time to celebrate another wedding and new life in the making - ELIZABETH WAS GETTING MARRIED! Brian was an usher in the wedding, and we didn't realize until...oh about 11:00 am that Brian DID NOT HAVE A WHITE SHIRT TO WEAR IN THE CEREMONY! Fantastic...and so our first clothing purchase as a married couple was spent on Brian....somehow, this situation seems a little flipped. Either way, we got Brian dressed and ready to go, and Liz looked beautiful! We are so happy for you guys! Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Odom!
Before we knew it, it was Sunday (two days of being married at home)! We met with our families for lunch and shared all of our crazy Jamaican stories! Would you like to hear some?
1. We stayed at the Sandals Resort in Negril, Jamaica, which was absolutely beautiful and breath taking. Another thing that took our breath away, or maybe just blinded us for a second, was the neighboring resort....oh yeah! Did I mention that the neighboring resort was a NUDE resort? Talk about taking your breath, sight, smell, hearing, and every other sense you can think of away! Those people did EVERYTHING naked...they drank naked; they swam naked; they yelled naked; they snorkled naked; they scuba dived naked...I'm not kidding you - these people were IN LOVE with their birthday suits. It was quite an eye opener, but I have to point out that they were definitely having the most fun on the island....I just wonder what they really told their boss when they said they were "going on a family vacation."
2. Every night the main stage hosted a show of some sort. The second night we were there, they had a game show night, so everyone was being called up to play games! And when I say everyone...I mean Brian and I got called for EVERY SINGLE GAME THEY PLAYED! I ended up being the week's "Limbo Queen"...
And Brian....well Brian didn't get into the games as much as I did...
3. So there were these two guys that took Brian and I snorkeling every day...I'm pretty sure I made it clear in the earlier post that we LOVED snorkeling...and yes, every day is NOT an exaggeration. The guys' names were Mackie and Davion. Mackie was short for, you guessed it, Mackenzie, SO we became their number ONE buds! They would always yell out to us on the beach, and they were always picking on Brian on the snorkeling boat...they were great guys!
Anyway...we were home from Jamaica, and one thing kept hanging over our heads....thank you notes. We were caught up when the wedding came (Thank Goodness!), but we didn't realize that we were blessed by so MUCH more at the wedding! Luckily, with the help of our wonderful mothers and my sister, Morgan, we finished the thank you notes before the second week of school!
Yes, you read that right - SCHOOL! Sunday was over, and Monday came, but with Monday came something a little more daunting...Fall 2010. Shoot us both.
Let me clue you guys in on Brian and I's schedules this year:
Mackenzie's Schedule
MWF: 8-11 Class
MW: 2-3:15 Class
No Class Tuesday or Thursday
Just Work from 8-12
Brian's Schedule
MWF: 11-1 Class
W: 2-5 Lab
TR: 9:30-12:30 Class
TR: 2-3:15 Class
MTWRF: 3-6:30 Track Practice
I don't know if you all put two and two together there, but our schedules mean we see each other from 7:00-7:40 am every day, 1-2 pm Monday and Wednesday, 12:30-2 pm Tuesday and Thursday, then anytime after 6:30 pm...unless it's Tuesday, then I am already gone for Bible Study, and if it's Thursday, Brian's on his way to Poker Night...in other words, since the honeymoon, our time together has been cut about...oh like 80%...awesome.
Great part about it though....it makes the time we do get to see each other amazing:)
School has pretty much taken over the vast majority of our lives; our classes are really tough this semester, but we do all we can to make each other smile every day!
Pretty soon, our one month anniversary was here! I know it sounds crazy, but it really felt like we had only been married a few days and September 14th was upon us...what's crazier is that today is October 12th! You know what that means!!! Anyway, we had a nice little dinner together at the house, complete with wine, in our brand new wine glasses (Thanks Trish Corbell!).
Oh! And I made a cake to celebrate the holiday:)


We made our first road trip to Abilene for Brian to take his GRE test. It was a fun trip (for me anyway)! We went to the zoo and had a blast. I shopped while Brian racked his brain...he did an AWESOME JOB!!! He has officially applied to graduate school at Angelo State University in hopes of being admitted into the Physical Therapy Doctorate program! If he gets accepted (which we all know he will!), he will start grad school in June:) I am so proud of my hubby...sorry babe, but I have to brag on you a little bit!
And now I must introduce you all to our newest edition - Remi. It was Sunday, September 19, 2010 that I lost my best friend to man's best friend. We got a puppy:) He is a vizsla, and he is ABSOLUTELY adorable! He and Brian make the best pair! We picked him up in Goldthwaite, where we stopped in to see Coach Proffitt, Heather, and our sweet flowergirl, Brynlee. And we have good news! Heather is pregnant again and due in April! Congratulations Proffitt family:) We love you so much! Remi was such a gentleman at the Proffitt's house. He has been our pride and joy (and the reason for my occassional abandonment;)). Meet Remi...

And see Remi's first photo with his new best friend...

And see Remi's first photo with his sweet mommy...

And see Remi in action...

Isn't he a sweetie?! We just love him so much!
Well, our latest excursion was with our sister, Morgan, to Arlington to watch the FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIES play the Arkansas Razorbacks/Hogs/Incests/WeDon'tKnowWhyTheyCallTheirMascotTenThousandDifferentNames. The game was in Cowboy stadium which was AWESOME! We had a great time!!
Well...I think you're all caught up to date on the Holik Family! We will be checking in every so often, so don't quit reading today:) We will be back...
From our family to yours...Happy Autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment