Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bows or Bowties...What Will It Be?

Brian and I have had one heck of a summer, and an amazing 8 weeks since we last updated our blog.  I was 11 weeks pregnant when I last let you guys in on our little pregnancy adventure, and now, I am sitting at 19 weeks on the dot, and in 4 days, we FINALLY find out what we are having...but more on that later!

After we let our family in on the big news and finally broke out the Facebook post (complete with over 200 likes and almost 100 comments..woah!), our lives have been filled with the sweetest words and congratulatory messages we could have ever imagined.  Brian and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by the most caring, loving people in the world.  Our friends have been nothing but supportive and excited for us, and many are already calling themselves aunts and uncles!! We love it.
And our family is just incredible - every one of our parents, siblings, in-laws, and in-laws-to-be have just been awesome.  We know that our little bundle of joy is coming a little unexpected and earlier than first planned, but we honestly could not have chosen a better time to have him or her! She/He is just perfect.

On a GREAT note, I am feeling INCREDIBLY better.  I got through that yucky first trimester, and I am full of energy and ready to tackle these next four months!  So far, our doctors appointments and test results have been 100% positive, which is great news for shocked, young parents.  We have been very diligent on what I should and shouldn't do, and we are slowly working on reading those parenting books (which...I'm not really sure helps anyway!).  I am still working out close to every day, and the exercise makes me feel even better.  I am drinking a million gallons of water a day to keep myself and Sweet Baby H hydrated.

So, mainly these last 8 months (though super busy!) have been great as far as the pregnancy goes.  I finished teaching at Grape Creek High School, and I am really looking forward to my first full year of teaching at Central HS!  I also finished a semester of graduate school in May, started another in June, finished it, and just started one more this week! In about a month, I will be only 4 courses from graduating with my Masters!
Brian finished his first year of Physical Therapy school in May, and he was asked to be the PT Graduate Assistant and Research Assistant, so he has been helping out the first year PT students with all of their first classes.
On July 1st, we moved to Temple, Texas! Don't freak out...it's only temporary! We are here until August 24th (technically, I will move back earlier) because Brian is doing his first residence rotation at Scott & White Hospital.  We actually REALLY like it here! The town and location are great, and Brian is really enjoying the people he works with.  The best part about this area is that there is a Babies R Us and a Super Target just down the road....which leads me to my next, MOST EXCITING part of this blog....THE GENDER REVEAL!!!

On Friday, my mom and I will go to the sonogram to find out what gender Sweet Baby H is. I cannot explain how excited Brian and I are to find out what we are having.  We have each had dreams of what it is going to be....and both of us have dreamt we are having two different things, so one of us is bound to be right!
So....on Friday, mom and I go...but here's the catch - I'M NOT FINDING OUT! Only mom is (please don't pester her with questions of what it is...she's sworn to secrecy...and she has the threat of not holding Sweet Baby H after he/she is born if she tells...so yeah....just don't even try!).
Then, on Saturday, all our closest family and friends are gathering at my mom's house for a gender reveal party.  After food and fun, mom will do the honors of revealing what we are having, and I'm sure however she will reveal it will be perfect!
Each of the guests have been asked to wear either pink or blue....pink if they think I am having a girl...blue if they think I am having a boy.  We will see which majority is right!

I will post the gender as soon as I can get to a computer, but chances are, you will find out before I can tell you!

Bring it on, Saturday!
From our family to yours,

In case you are wondering:
What am I craving? Bean Burritos....still.
How much weight have I gained? Only a little...we are really watching every ounce, and I am on perfect track!
Am I showing? I hate this question, but the true answer is....maybe some?? Honestly, if you didn't know I was pregnant, you wouldn't notice, but most people are LOOKING for a baby bump.  There isn't much of one, but I am sure that in the next couple of weeks, I will start to show.
Names? Oh yes, we have them, butttttttt....those will be revealed later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment